Cloudera Administrator for Apache Hadoop
This four-day hands-on training course is for system administrators and others responsible for managing Apache Hadoop clusters in production or development environments.
Download the full agenda for Cloudera's Administrator Training for Apache Hadoop.
You Will Learn:
- The internals of YARN, MapReduce, Spark, and HDFS
- Cloudera Manager features that make managing your clusters easier, such as aggregated logging, configuration management, resource management, reports, alerts, and service management.
- Determining the correct hardware and infrastructure for your cluster.
- Proper cluster configuration and deployment to integrate with the data center
- How to load data into the cluster from dynamically-generated files using Flume and from RDBMS using Sqoop
- Configuring the FairScheduler to provide service-level agreements for multiple users of a cluster
- Best practices for preparing and maintaining Apache Hadoop in production
- Troubleshooting, diagnosing, tuning, and solving Hadoop issues
Throughout the course, hands-on labs help students build their knowledge and apply the concepts being discussed.
This course is appropriate for system administrators who will be setting up or maintaining a Hadoop cluster. Basic Linux system administration experience is a prerequisite for this training session. Prior knowledge of Hadoop is not required.
Upon completion of the course, attendees are encouraged to continue their study and register for the Cloudera Certified Administrator for Apache Hadoop (CCAH) exam. Certification is a great differentiator. It helps establish you as a leader in the field, providing employers and customers with tangible evidence of your skills and expertise.
- The Case for Apache Hadoop
- Getting Data into HDFS
- Planning Your Hadoop Cluster
- Hadoop Installation and Initial Configuration
- Installing and Configuring Hive, Impala, and Pig
- Hadoop Clients
- Cloudera Manager
- Advanced Cluster Configuration
- Hadoop Security
- Managing and Scheduling Jobs
- Cluster Maintenance
- Cluster Monitoring and Troubleshooting