Cloudera Apache HBase
Cloudera's training for Apache HBase is designed for developers and administrators already familiar with Apache Hadoop. Participants should be familiar with Hadoop's architecture and APIs and have experience writing basic applications.
Cloudera's Hadoop Developer course provides all the necessary background required.
Duration: 3 days.
You Will Learn:
- The components of an HBase cluster
- When you should - and should not use HBase
- How to use the HBase shell to directly manipulate HBase tables
- How to design optimal HBase schemas for efficient data storage and recovery
- How to connect to HBase using the Java API
- How to configure an HBase cluster
- How to administer an HBase cluster, identifying and resolving performance bottlenecks
- Additional self-study appendices discuss bulk-loading data into HBase tables and how Hive can be used to query HBase tables.
This course is appropriate for developers and administrators who intend to use HBase.
Prior experience with databases and data modeling is helpful, but not required.
Prior knowledge of Java is helpful.
Prior knowledge of Hadoop is not required, but Cloudera Developer Training for Apache Hadoop provides an excellent foundation for this course.
HBase is an open-source, non-relational, distributed database that provides a fault-tolerant, scalable way to store massive quantities of data. It supports extremely high-volume reads and writes, scaling up to hundreds of thousands of operations per second. It is being used in production by numerous organizations who want extremely high-speed, random read/write access to very large datasets. Through lecture and interactive, hands-on exercises, attendees will cover topics such as:
- Introduction to Apache HBase
- Schema modeling
- Apache HBase shell
- Apache HBase architecture
- Apache HBase Java APIs
- Advanced Apache HBase features
- Apache HBase deployment